RIGHT RESPONSE Attendee Recertification Workshops
Participants in this workshop will review the cycle of risk management and response. This process includes a large focus on prevention strategies as well as de-escalation techniques. Post-crisis follow-up is also a necessary task of risk management and response. The ethical consideration and use of physical intervention is also taught for use as a last resort in order to maintain safety. The focus of this workshop will be on avoiding the need for the use of physical safety techniques in order to manage risk safely and effectively.
The RIGHT RESPONSE Recertification Workshop is designed for caregivers and staff who support individuals with identified behavioral and aggression challenges in an on-going basis.
Hours: 4 - 7 hours
When you first attend a Certification Workshop, we tell you what you should be doing to address crisis proactively. But when you return for recertification, we ask, "What have you been doing and how has it been working?" The Recertification curriculum is not just a rehash of the certification workshop but is designed to further embed and extend your original learning. Instructors provide consultation on addressing your particular challenges. With the RIGHT RESPONSE Workshop Recertification Workshop, you can fine-tine your intervention process in order to become more successful.
To qualify for a Recertification Workshop, you need a current certification or it has been no more than 90 days since your certification expired. After the 90-day Grace Period, you need to attend a Certification Workshop in order to gain a current certification again.
Description: This 7 hour recertification will review the cycle of risk management and response: Prevention, De-escalation, Postvention and Physical Interventions, including Escorts and Therapeutic Holds. Complete and receive a 1 or 2 year certification.
Attend at SA:
- RR-WRA1 Advanced Recertification Workshop Attendance (Individual Rate) $240.00
- RR-WRA6 Advanced Recertification Workshop Attendance (Group Rate) $190.00
- RR-WRT1 Elements+ Recertification Workshop Attendance (Individual Rate) $180.00
- RR-WRT6 Elements+ Recertification Workshop Attendance (Group Rate) $145.00
- RR-WRE1 Elements Recertification Workshop Attendance (Individual Rate) $150.00
- RR-WRE6 Elements Recertification Workshop Attendance (Group Rate) $120.00
Host an Onsite Workshop:
- RR-ORA Advanced Recertification Workshop Hosted Onsite $2310.00
- RR-ORT Elements+ Recertification Workshop Hosted Onsite $1705.00
- RR-ORE Elements Recertification Workshop Hosted Onsite $1320.00
Attendance Prerequisites: Current RIGHT RESPONSE certification or certification which no more than 3 months expired. If attendee's RIGHT RESPONSE certification is more than 3 months expired, the attendee must complete a RIGHT RESPONSE Certification Workshop to recertify.
- Attend all workshop sessions in a safe and ethical manner
- Active participation in all discussions, intervention activities and in-class assignments.
- Participate in physical activity. Due to the nature of the skills taught in the Physical Safety section of the workshop, you may be participating in strenuous activities, such as simulating physical safety techniques. If you have a medical condition or disability that may prevent you from taking part in a skill session, or if you have any questions about your ability to participate fully in this course, discuss them with your health-care provider and the appropriate person in your Administration before you start your course. Wear comfortable clothing to the workshop; you may be working on the floor.
Learning Resources/Required Texts:RIGHT RESPONSE Recertification Workbook (Provided), Learning Journal (Optional)
Minimum Enrollment: 4
Maximum Enrollment: 20
Physical Activity: Yes
This Workshop covers four levels of training which all start at the beginning but end at varying points. The list below provides an estimate of the ending point for each level:
- Elements: This 4 hour recertification will review the cycle of risk management and response. The focus of this workshop will be on honing the De-escalation techniques. Complete and receive a 2 year certification.
- Elements+: This 5.5 hour recertification includes ensuring proactive Prevention strategies and effective De-escalation techniques, especially with Proactive Environments and Positive Behavior Support. Complete and receive a 2 year certification.
- Advanced: This 7 hour recertification will focus on honing the tools and techniques of the attendees in order to manage risk safely and effectively, including Escorts and Therapeutic Holds. Complete and receive a 1 year certification.
- Our Experience of Stress- You will review the definition of stress and recognize how we respond in a stressful situation.
- Optimal Performance Range- You will review the stress cycle and that stress can elicit an optimal performance range of response.
- Self Care- You will review strategies to manage stress and help find an optimal performance range.
- De-escalation Process- You will review an overview of the de-escalation process.
- Self- You will review intervention strategies that apply to us using the de-escalation process.
- Others- You will review basic intervention strategies that we can use during an escalation.
- Environment- You will review basic intervention strategies that we can use in the environment.
- Postvention Learning- You will review how to analyze incidents in order to better manage them in the future.
- PHYSICAL SAFETY
- Basic Skills- You will review basic movements, avoidance, repelling, and protection safety techniques.
- Releases- You will review strategies to release from different types of assault and minimize injury.
- Proactive Environments- You will review the 5 components of proactive environments and how they can aid in prevention.
- Positive Behavior Support- You will review to assess and understand the functions of behavior and learn the principles of changing behavior.
- Motivational Model- You will review the internal and external motivators of an escalation and the corresponding responses for each motivation.
- Postvention Teaching- You will review the principles for helping a person learn from the situation to help prevent future occurrences.
- Critical Debrief- You will review how to analyze incidents in order to better manage them in the future.
- PHYSICAL INTERVENTION
- Ethical Considerations- You will review why ethical considerations must be made with the use of therapeutic physical intervention.
- Techniques- You will review to maintain safety by using the appropriate level of therapeutic physical intervention and to recognize and avoid compromised safety.
- Release & Restabilization- You will review restabilization and release techniques and will apply them to physical intervention.
This training is available at your location at your scheduling convenience as an Onsite option. Please contact us directly for support with hosting this training at your location.
Fill in the Registration Form , phone us directly at 1-800-896-9234 ext. 300