The RIGHT RESPONSE Certification Workshops are designed for caregivers and staff who support individuals with identified behavioral and aggression challenges. The focus of this workshop centers on proactive strategies to manage the individual''s environment and to provide Positive Behavior Support in order to avoid the need for the use of physical safety techniques.
Attendees in this workshop will learn the cycle of risk management and response. This process includes a large focus on Prevention strategies as well as De-escalation techniques. Post-crisis follow-up is also a necessary task of risk management and response. The use of Physical Intervention is also taught for use as a last resort in order to maintain safety in the presence of dangerous behavior.
The RIGHT RESPONSE Certification Workshops are designed for caregivers and staff who support individuals with identified behavioral and aggression challenges.
Workshop Outline Training Options
Hours: 5 - 14 hours
Training Workshop Goals
As a provider of crisis management training, our job is not just to provide you with training but, more importantly, to help you change negative and costly incidents into opportunities to grow and succeed. For us, the job isn't done until you are headed in the right direction with the proper momentum.
The RIGHT RESPONSE Workshop is designed to help you achieve your goals. More specifically, you can:
- reduce incidents and behavioral challenges
- reduce injuries and property costs
- reduce turnover and morale problems
- reduce recurrent training time
- reduce recurrent training expense
- increase educational and therapeutic outcomes
- increase trust and support in relationships
- increase compatibility with the latest research in adult learning practices
- increase attendee accountability measures
- increase agency-wide risk management initiatives
- integrate intervention implementation at all levels of agency operations
- reduce exposure to community and media scrutiny resulting from excessive interventions
We are hearing anecdotal reports from our clients that staff abuse has decreased with the use of our training curriculum in their programs. We attribute this to the conscious instruction regarding the role of physical intervention in the de-escalation process, the productiveness of less intrusive alternatives and careful attention to the details of the interventions themselves. Although very few clients can give us data, they are telling us that physical intervention occurs less after implementing the training program.
Real Solutions to Real Problems
To help you successfully reach your goals, the RIGHT RESPONSE Workshop provides many supports, including:
- Results-Driven Training Plan
- Administrative support
- Instructor Mentorship
- Crisis Driven Dashboard
- Incident Tracking Database
- Ongoing Research and Development
Incident Tracking Database
To assist you with the analysis process, we developed the RIGHT RESPONSE Incident Tracking Database. With this database, you will track and evaluate incidents from one or more programs. Analysis centers on three main areas for concern: incident cause, intervention response and resultant outcome.
Crisis Driven Dashboard
The Dashboard Worksheet can be used to establish a baseline of specific issues, set goals for specific issues and periodically re-assess the metrics of specific issues.
Description: This workshop will teach you the cycle of risk management and response: Prevention, De-escalation, Postvention and Physical Interventions, including Escorts and Therapeutic Holds. Complete and receive a 1 or 2 year certification.
Attend at SA:
- RR-WCA1 Advanced Certification Workshop Attendance (Individual Rate) $300.00
- RR-WCA6 Advanced Certification Workshop Attendance (Group Rate) $260.00
- RR-WCT1 Elements+ Certification Workshop Attendance (Individual Rate) $260.00
- RR-WCT6 Elements+ Certification Workshop Attendance (Group Rate) $210.00
- RR-WCE1 Elements Certification Workshop Attendance (Individual Rate) $210.00
- RR-WCE6 Elements Certification Workshop Attendance (Group Rate) $170.00
- RR-WCP1 Primer Workshop Attendance (Individual Rate) $150.00
- RR-WCP6 Primer Workshop Attendance (Group Rate) $120.00
Host an Onsite Workshop:
- RR-OCA Advanced Certification Workshop Hosted Onsite $2875.00
- RR-OCT Elements+ Certification Workshop Hosted Onsite $2575.00
- RR-OCE Elements Certification Workshop Hosted Onsite $1850.00
- RR-OCP20 Primer Workshop Hosted Onsite (1-20 attendees) $1500.00
- RR-OCP40 Primer Workshop Hosted Onsite (21-40 attendees) $1800.00
Attendance Prerequisites: None (although you'll learn more if you have already faced behavioral or aggression challenges.)
- Sequentially attend all workshop sessions in a safe and ethical manner.
- Active participation in all discussions, intervention activities and in-class assignments.
- Participate in physical activity. Due to the nature of the skills taught in the Physical Safety section of the workshop, you may be participating in strenuous activities, such as simulating physical safety techniques. If you have a medical condition or disability that may prevent you from taking part in a skill session, or if you have any questions about your ability to participate fully in this course, discuss them with your health-care provider and the appropriate person in your Administration before you start the course. Wear comfortable clothing to the workshop; you may be working on the floor.
Learning Resources/Required Texts:RIGHT RESPONSE Advanced or Elements Certification Workbook (Provided), Learning Journal (Optional)
Minimum Enrollment: 4
Maximum Enrollment: 20
Physical Activity: Yes
This Workshop covers four levels of training which all start at the beginning but end at varying points. The list below provides an estimate of the ending point for each level:
- Primer: ends after the first 5 hours. This level is primarily focused on De-escalation Techniques and is great if you who have limited contact with clients. Complete and receive a Certification of Attendance.
- Elements: ends after the first 7 hours. Maximize Safety with Self-Protection Skills in addition to the Primer. Complete and receive a 2 year certification.
- Elements+: ends after 11 hours. For your therapeutic contact with clients, learn how to prevent escalations with Proactive Environments and Positive Behavior Support. Also includes Advanced De-escalation skills. Complete and receive a 2 year certification.
- Advanced: This full, 14 hour certification gives you all the skills of Prevention, De-escalation, Postvention and Physical Interventions, including Escorts and Therapeutic Holds. Complete and receive a 1 year certification.
- RIGHT RESPONSE ELEMENTS
- Our Stress- You will learn the definition of stress and recognize how we respond in a stressful situation.
- Optimal Performance Range- You will learn the stress cycle and that stress can elicit an Optimal Performance Range of response.
- Self Care- You will learn strategies to manage stress and help find an Optimal Performance Range.
- De-escalation Process- You will learn an overview of the de-escalation process.
- Self- You will learn intervention strategies for applying the de-escalation process.
- Others- You will learn basic intervention strategies to use during an escalation.
- Environment- You will learn basic intervention strategies to use in the environment.
- Postvention Learning- You will learn how to analyze incidents to better manage them in the future.
- Physical Safety
- Basic Skills- You will learn basic movements, avoidance, repelling, and protection safety techniques.
- Releases- You will learn strategies to release from different types of assault and minimize injury.
- RIGHT RESPONSE ADVANCED
- Proactive Environments- You will learn the five components of Proactive Environments and how they can aid in prevention.
- Positive Behavior Support- You will assess and understand the functions of behavior and learn the principles of changing behavior.
- Motivational Model- You will learn the internal and external motivators of an escalation and the corresponding responses for each motivation.
- Restabilization- You will learn why a person needs restabilization.
- Postvention Teaching- You will learn the principles for helping a person learn from the situation to help prevent future occurrences.
- Critical Debrief- You will learn how to analyze incidents in order to better manage them in the future.
- Physical Intervention
- Ethical Considerations- You will learn why ethical considerations must be made with the use of therapeutic physical intervention.
- Techniques- You will learn to maintain safety by using the appropriate level of therapeutic physical intervention and to recognize and avoid compromised safety.
- Release & Restabilization - You will learn restabilization and release techniques and will apply them to physical intervention.
Fill in the Registration Form , phone us directly at 1-800-896-9234 ext. 300