The RIGHT RESPONSE Certification Workshops are designed for caregivers and staff who support individuals with identified behavioral and aggression challenges. The focus of this workshop centers on proactive strategies to manage the individual''s environment and to provide Positive Behavior Support in order to avoid the need for the use of physical safety techniques.
Attendees in this workshop will learn the cycle of risk management and response. This process includes a large focus on Prevention strategies as well as De-escalation techniques. Post-crisis follow-up is also a necessary task of risk management and response. The use of Physical Intervention is also taught for use as a last resort in order to maintain safety in the presence of dangerous behavior.
The RIGHT RESPONSE Certification Workshops are designed for caregivers and staff who support individuals with identified behavioral and aggression challenges.
Workshop Outline Training Options
Hours: 5 - 14 hours
Focus on Prevention
The philosophy of RIGHT RESPONSE is much like that of a firefighter: a focus on prevention is more effective than "waiting for the fire to happen." This proactive approach promotes better outcomes for all involved. When an escalation does occur, we can work to de-escalate and restabilize the individual more effectively because we are prepared. Just as fires are investigated to determine the cause, our own post-crisis analysis can help avoid future crises. Learn More →
New Research-Based Version
Recently, our clients challenged us with developing new training options which would:
- reduce recurrent training time
- reduce recurrent training expense
- increase compatibility with the latest research in adult learning practices
- increase attendee accountability measures
- increase district-wide risk management initiatives
- integrate intervention implementation at all levels of district operations
- reduce exposure to community and media scrutiny resulting from excessive interventions
We've spent the last year reviewing the latest in evidence- and research-based practices, refining our own process and integrating the best methods of adult education. The result of this growth process is a new and exciting program called the RIGHT RESPONSE™ Workshop. Once you convert from S.E.C.U.R.E., you will benefit from many innovative, new features including Active Video Learning™, expanded De-escalation skills, enhanced training options and new licensing options to meet your needs.
What this means to you is that we now have more tools to help you with your training needs. In particular, with the new modular curriculum you can provide your staff with just the amount of training they need for their job position and exposure to aggression without wasting time or money over-training them. Or worse, not training staff due to time or budget constraints. Learn More →
Description: This workshop will teach you the cycle of risk management and response: Prevention, De-escalation, Postvention and Physical Interventions, including Escorts and Therapeutic Holds. Complete and receive a 1 or 2 year certification.
Attend at SA:
- RR-WCA1 RIGHT RESPONSE Advanced Certification Workshop Attendance (Individual Rate) $250.00
- RR-WCA6 RIGHT RESPONSE Advanced Certification Workshop Attendance (Group Rate for 6+) $200.00
- RR-WCT1 RIGHT RESPONSE Elements+ Certification Workshop Attendance (Individual Rate) $250.00
- RR-WCT6 RIGHT RESPONSE Elements+ Certification Workshop Attendance (Group Rate for 6+) $200.00
- RR-WCE1 RIGHT RESPONSE Elements Certification Workshop Attendance (Individual Rate) $175.00
- RR-WCE6 RIGHT RESPONSE Elements Certification Workshop Attendance (Group Rate for 6+) $150.00
- RR-WCP1 RIGHT RESPONSE Primer Workshop Attendance (Individual Rate) $150.00
- RR-WCP6 RIGHT RESPONSE Primer Workshop Attendance (Group Rate for 6+) $125.00
Host an Onsite Workshop:
- RR-OCA RIGHT RESPONSE Advanced Certification Workshop Hosted Onsite (Flat Rate 20 attendees) $1,999.00
- RR-OCT RIGHT RESPONSE Elements+ Certification Workshop Hosted Onsite (Flat Rate 20 attendees) $1,749.00
- RR-OCE RIGHT RESPONSE Elements Certification Workshop Hosted Onsite (Flat Rate 20 attendees) $1,499.00
- RR-OCP20 RIGHT RESPONSE Primer Workshop Hosted Onsite (1-20 attendees) $799.00
- RR-OCP40 RIGHT RESPONSE Primer Workshop Hosted Onsite (21-40 attendees) $1,199.00
Attendance Prerequisites: None (although you'll learn more if you have already faced behavioral or aggression challenges.)
- Sequentially attend all workshop sessions in a safe and ethical manner.
- Active participation in all discussions, intervention activities and in-class assignments.
- Participate in physical activity. Due to the nature of the skills taught in the Physical Safety section of the workshop, you may be participating in strenuous activities, such as simulating physical safety techniques. If you have a medical condition or disability that may prevent you from taking part in a skill session, or if you have any questions about your ability to participate fully in this course, discuss them with your health-care provider and the appropriate person in your Administration before you start the course. Wear comfortable clothing to the workshop; you may be working on the floor.
Learning Resources/Required Texts:RIGHT RESPONSE Advanced or Elements Certification Workbook (Provided), Learning Journal (Optional)
Minimum Enrollment: 4
Maximum Enrollment: 20
Physical Activity: Yes
This Workshop covers four levels of training which all start at the beginning but end at varying points. The list below provides an estimate of the ending point for each level:
- Primer: ends after the first 5 hours. This level is primarily focused on De-escalation Techniques and is great if you who have limited contact with clients. Complete and receive a Certification of Attendance.
- Elements: ends after the first 7 hours. Maximize Safety with Self-Protection Skills in addition to the Primer. Complete and receive a 2 year certification.
- Elements+: ends after 11 hours. For your therapeutic contact with clients, learn how to prevent escalations with Proactive Environments and Positive Behavior Support. Also includes Advanced De-escalation skills. Complete and receive a 2 year certification.
- Advanced: This full, 14 hour certification gives you all the skills of Prevention, De-escalation, Postvention and Physical Interventions, including Escorts and Therapeutic Holds. Complete and receive a 1 year certification.
For exact schedule, please inquire.
RIGHT RESPONSE ELEMENTS
- Our Stress- You will learn the definition of stress and recognize how we respond in a stressful situation.
- Optimal Performance Range- You will learn the stress cycle and that stress can elicit an Optimal Performance Range of response.
- Self Care- You will learn strategies to manage stress and help find an Optimal Performance Range.
- De-escalation Process- You will learn an overview of the de-escalation process.
- Self- You will learn intervention strategies for applying the de-escalation process.
- Others- You will learn basic intervention strategies to use during an escalation.
- Environment- You will learn basic intervention strategies to use in the environment.
- Postvention Learning- You will learn how to analyze incidents to better manage them in the future.
- Basic Skills- You will learn basic movements, avoidance, repelling, and protection safety techniques.
- Releases- You will learn strategies to release from different types of assault and minimize injury.
RIGHT RESPONSE ADVANCED
- Proactive Environments- You will learn the five components of Proactive Environments and how they can aid in prevention.
- Positive Behavior Support- You will assess and understand the functions of behavior and learn the principles of changing behavior.
- Motivational Model- You will learn the internal and external motivators of an escalation and the corresponding responses for each motivation.
- Restabilization- You will learn why a person needs restabilization.
- Postvention Teaching- You will learn the principles for helping a person learn from the situation to help prevent future occurrences.
- Critical Debrief- You will learn how to analyze incidents in order to better manage them in the future.
- Ethical Considerations- You will learn why ethical considerations must be made with the use of therapeutic physical intervention.
- Techniques- You will learn to maintain safety by using the appropriate level of therapeutic physical intervention and to recognize and avoid compromised safety.
- Release & Restabilization - You will learn restabilization and release techniques and will apply them to physical intervention.
Fill in the Registration Form , phone us directly at 1-800-896-9234 ext. 300 or just click: