Service Alternatives Training Institute conducts ongoing Research and Development to ensure that you get the most from your training experience. In 2006 - 2007, we spent a year reviewing the latest in evidence- and research-based practices, refining our own process and integrating the best methods of adult education. The result of this growth process was a new and exciting program called the RIGHT RESPONSE Workshop. The revision process was a product of hundreds and hundreds of staff hours and an investment of well over $100,000
Why invest so much into the curriculum? The answer is simple: We want this to be the best training it can be for you and your needs. We have since issued tens of thousands of certifications and the results show that this program is clearly making a difference! You may wish to review data from Attendee Evaluations and the Survey of Licensed Instructors and Administrators.
You benefit from our ongoing research and continual improvement to our products and services. This research also informs the technical assistance that you receive as a training client. Many clients have asked for our assistance with customizing the training content or implementation practices for their specific needs. This current research is also why we are asked to participate on legislative taskforces and policy development committees.
Research and Development Topics include:
- Abuse identification and prevention
- Adult learning styles and methods
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Aspergers Syndrome/Autism
- Behavioral assessment and modification
- Brain Development and Processing
- Data Collection and Analysis
- De-escalation research and techniques
- Developmental Disabilities
- Leadership and Team Development
- Mental Health
- Proactive Environments
- Positive Behavior Support (PBS)
- Restraint and Seclusion practices and regulations
- Risk Management
- Security Policies and Procedures
- Self Care techniques
- Self-Injurious Behavior
- Stress Management
- Teaching Practices
- Team Building
- Therapeutic Milieu Programming
- Voice Control Techniques
Need Research Support?
Need support for a specific project? We can help you.